Supporting foreign investors
Many foreign entrepreneurs choose to locate part of their operations in Poland – both to provide their services and sell their products here or to establish research and development centers or back-office facilities for their operations in other countries, among other things.
This is particularly common among IT companies that recruit specialists in Poland.
JWMS supports such entrepreneurs at the all steps of their business development in Poland – from the selection of the form of business, through the creation of the documentation needed to hire employees, to ongoing legal services.
Our knowledge of corporate law and international tax law allows us to identify the optimal form of creating a business in Poland. Experience in intellectual property law (with particular emphasis on IT) and employment law allows us to comprehensively protect clients by creating necessary documents.
We also support international companies operating in Poland in the area of regulations related to bringing to Poland specialists from outside the European Union (including employment in Poland of workers from e.g. Ukraine).
We provide services to our clients in English, if required – so all documents can be created in English or bilingual versions.
JWMS provides, among others, the following services:
- advice on the choice of legal form of business in Poland, creation of Polish companies owned by foreign entities and branches of foreign entrepreneurs,
- drafting of employment, cooperation or services contracts (including with b2b contractors), always taking into account copyright issues,
- drafting of documentation related to intellectual property (including agreements on the transfer of copyrights from Poland).
In this regard, experience of JWMS lawyers includes:
- establishment of branches of foreign IT entrepreneurs in Poland,
- establishment of companies owned by foreign entities,
- advising on license agreements concluded between Polish and foreign entities (including tax implications),
- support in the employment of specialists from countries outside the European Union in Poland,
- preparing set of contracts for employees and subcontractors in the IT industry employed by IT outsourcing companies operating in Poland.